segunda-feira, agosto 25, 2008

Cine-crítica

(7/10)

Nota: Uma agradável surpresa. Gostei bastante do filme.
***

Russell Hammond: [Russell grabs phone away from William] Hey, mom! It’s Russell Hammond. I play guitar in Stillwater. Hey, how does it feel to be the mother of the greatest rock journalist we've met? Hello? Hello...? Look, you've got a really great kid here. There's nothing to worry about. We're taking good care of him, and you should come to the show sometime - join the circus...Elaine Miller: Hey, hey, listen to me, mister. You're charm doen't work on me - I'm on to you. Of course you like him...Russell Hammond: Well, yeah...Elaine Miller: He worships you people. And that's fine by you as long as he helps make you rich.Russell Hammond: Rich? I don't think so...Elaine Miller: Listen to me. He's a smart, good-hearted fifteen year old kid with infinite potential.Russell Hammond: [Russell is stunned]Elaine Miller: This is not some apron-wearing mother you're speaking with - I know all about your valhalla of decadence and I shouldn't have let him go. He's not ready for your world of compromised values and diminished brain cells that you throw away like confetti. Am I speaking to you clearly?Russell Hammond: Yes - yes, ma'am...Elaine Miller: If you break his spirit, harm him in any way, keep him from his chosen profession which is law - something you may not value, but I do - you will meet the voice on the other end of this telephone and it will not be pretty. Do we understand each other?Russell Hammond: Uh, yes, ma'am...Elaine Miller: I didn't ask for this role, but I'll play it. Now go do your best. "Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid". Goethe said that. It's not too late for you to become a person of substance, Russell. Please get my son home safely. You know, I'm glad we spoke. [Elaine hangs up]Russell Hammond: [Russell stands holding phone in stunned silence]
Russell Hammond: Your mom kind of freaked me out.
William Miller: [places hand on Russell's shoulder] She means well.

Sem comentários: